In September 2010 when we moved into our house the Living Room looked like this:
THIS is what we achieved.....
Lessons we have learnt along the way.....
- Decorating is at least 80% in the preparation and a small percentage in the actual decorating
- It is definately worth stripping walls, especially old ones, right back and getting them lined professionally. That way when you come to redecorate in 10 years time or so you will have a good basis to work from.
- Lining paper should go on horizontally and then the cracks should be filled in with polly filla and sanded before painting for the perfect finish.
- Wallpapering is a professionals job.
- Have one inspirational piece for every room you do and base your colour scheme around it.
- Decorating all the walls, if your on a budget, creates the effect that you have completely decorated a house. You can then go round again once the walls are done and update the floors and re-plaster the ceilings as and when you can afford it.