Monday 14 March 2011

FUTURE ROOMS: Children's rooms

Here are some ideas which I just love so thought I would document for the future:

Country Childs Bedroom:

 I just love the mixture of Cath Kidston, vintage and cottage in this bedroom which makes it undeniably homely.

A mixture of delicate prints, homemade bunting and painted furniture gives this child's bedroom a quintessentially country feel.

 Cute four-poster children’s bedroom

 All I'm going to say about this one myself is that I would be in complete heaven if I were still a little girl.


Give a four-poster bed a sweet rather than twee look with understated curtains and bedding. Pink fabrics keep this scheme girly, while the off-white walls mean that the scheme can be updated as the child grows up. Opt for a trundle bed for extra space when friends come to stay, and display their favourite toys proudly in a white-painted stylish shelving unit.


Eclectic child's bedroom


 I love the mix of old and new in this bedroom. 


Create a kid's room that will grow with them by teaming smart painted furniture with a metal bunk bed frame for an eclectic mix of styles. Checked throws provide the room with fun colour and pattern, without it feeling to childish.

Bedroom ideas for young adults

 This is a really cute room idea for teenage girls.


A stowaway trundle bed is ideal for when friends come to stay, while a pretty dressing area is perfect when getting ready for parties!

Another Eclectic Childs Bedroom:
I love the idea of framing childrens artwork in a mix match of frames. It gives the room real character.

Give your child's bedroom a feeling of individuality with vintage-inspired pieces such as a patchwork quilt and rustic frames. All white walls and floors mean the room can grow as the child does.  

I love how modern wall art, like the examples below, have really come into their own in recent and it really is a great way to spruce up a room without the need to completely redecorate:


































I'm sure I will add more ideas as and when I find them....

No comments:

Post a Comment