Wednesday 27 April 2011

BACK GARDEN: Project Wheelbarrow!

So just to remind you, this is what I started with...
....an old rusty wheel barrow which was left by the previous owners of our house and had been used for bonfiring. I was determined to upcycle it into something pretty.

So this is how I went about it (with help from my very lovely friend Marie I must say, after the painting)...

Step 1: I painted it....
Step 2: I bought some suitable plants from the garden centre...
Step 3: We lined the bottom of the wheelbarrow with crockery...
Step 4: We collected some top soil from the bottom of the garden...
Step 5: We filled the wheelbarrow half way and arranged the plants accordingly....
Step 6: We filled up the rest with potting compost and gave it all a good water....
PROJECT COMPLETE! - just lovely - so happy with the result. Can't wait for all the plants to fill out.

Whilst we were at it we decided to sort out the strawberry planter, which we had got as a housewarming gift from Adam's lovely Aunty Chris...
Looking forward to lots of yummy homegrown strawberries this summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment