1. A massive thank you to my techy friend Liam who translated the blogger help into normal person English and worked through the steps of setting this up with me.
2. Blogger add a gadget really needs to delete the result when you type in "email subscription" into the search box, as I did and then joyfully added the gadget to both my blogs thinking that that was it only then to subscribe myself to check it was working and find out that I was actually getting emails from someone else's blog!
Now I've got that off my chest I will begin.....
Method for adding email subscription box to your blog:
- Go to Feedburner (by typing it into google - I can't give you a link unfortunately here as once you are set up it takes you somewhere different)
- Log in using your google log in (as google now owns both blog spot and feedburner)
- You should then get a page which looks very similar to the following:
In the "burn a feed" box pictured here type in your blog address and click next. eg. mine would be : http://practicalbeautiful.blogspot.com/ or http://gillsrecipejournal.blogspot.com/
5. Click next and your feed title should be then listed above as it is in the larger screenshot above here.
6. Click on your feed title:
tab and again you will go to a new window which look s a bit like this:
10. You will then get the following window:
11. Once you have clicked add widget you will go to your normal edit layout screen for your blog: