Sunday 8 May 2011

SHOPPING: Lovely items & ideas for May 2011

Summer is really beginning this month, the weather is lovely (for now) and we're all taking all the opportunity we can to enjoy it whilst it lasts. Here's a log of all the PracticalBeautiful items I've been finding in the sunny month of May...

Back to the drawing board looking for Sunburst Mirrors for our bedroom, so I started googling again and have come across a very interesting shop called The House of Ashley.... Here are my favourite items from here...

I just love the feather like finish on this stunning frame which comes in @ £12.99

















This could definitely be a contender in the mirror search - I just love the movement in it! @ £36.99
































I'm just getting more and more into vintage signage, here is an absolutely lovely one from Etsy seller barnowlprimitives:

I just love the colours and the way the words "sunshine" and "happy" really stand out this one is priced @ £31.57



I love the "love is all you need" art from Notonthehighstreet, but the price at over £300 is frankly extortionate so I just googled to find something similar and came up with this:

These are made of wood painted white and are from a lovely website called Nordic House Home Accessories @ £28.95  - a much more reasonable cost. Might treat myself to this along with this much cheaper than most Sunburst mirror which I am bidding on on eBay to put up on the big purple wall in our bedroom:

Fingers crossed I win it - I'll keep you posted....

24/5/11 - I've been outbid on the maximum I'm willing to bid - oh well...


A new lovely little online store I've found this month is called Patchwork Harmony. Here are my favourites:
Ceramic Jam Pot @ £13.50


Retro Style Magnets @ £2.50
White Ceramic Milk Jug @ £5.95




Hanging wooden office sign @ £8.95











Humpty Dumpty - Blue @ £13.95
Vintage Style Fabric Bunting @ £16.50
Vintage Style Hooks @ £5.95

Athropologie treasures this month...


  



These gorgeous Celebrate the day tumblers come in 4 different funky colours/designs and come in at a very reasonable £6 each.
Beautiful Nifty Napkins @ £28.00 for a set of 6

Stunning Jumping Jacquard Tablecloth @£58.00




This looks a charming addition to any bookshelf The Campaign for Domestic Happiness @ £6.99
As does this... A Delicious Cooking Revolution by Alice Waters @ £6.99



















Charmed I'm sure apron @ £28.00

































A Homegrown Monogram Mug for every letter of the alphabet @ £8.00 each












































So many beautiful pieces from Garden Trading this month, here are my favourites....

Utility Bucket - Slate @ £21.00





















Wooden Etagere @ £150.00



Small Seed Box - Slate @ £6.00

Reclaimed Elm shelf Ladder @ £175.00

Riddle Coffee Bean @£25.00

Positano Lantern - Small @£45.00

Matches Box - Slate @ £5.00

Log Carrier - Dolphin Grey @£40.00

Flour Shaker - Slate @ £10.00

Ceramic Rimmed Plant Pot Large - Slate @ £13.50

Bulbs and Seed Box - Slate @ £15.00

3-Tier Tray Plant Stand @ £70.00

Have a taste of Summer every time you have a hot drink with this lovely Strawberry Crush Mug by Cath Kidston @ just £5.00
I have sat in this in store and it is complete heaven - I would love to have one one day...this Ocean Wave Relax Hut is currently at Frost Garden Centre for £1,499


Just found another really cute online shop which sells all things eco: Pea Green Things, here are my favourites from their website:

Chicken Wire Egg Holder @ £10.20
Gateau knife and slice set @ £14.20






























Reclaimed Teak Bench @ £306.39







2 person organic hammock @ £56.39






























Purple Jute Shopping Bag
 
This beautiful All you need is love wooden sign is by box brownie trading on Notonthehighstreet @ £300 - I just love it's timeless simplicity



I've seen this very funky BBQ by Bodum in my interior magazine this month. Bit of saving up to be done as it is £139.00 but what I specifically love about it is its rotisserie function and its funky style.


I have been introduced to another lovely new online store by my equally interior loving friend Carly.... Live Laugh Love... has too many lovely things to mention but here are a list of my favourites this month:

Happily Ever After Plaque @ £14.95
Bright Patch Lavender Hanging Heart-Cute @ £3.95



















Patchwork "Lovely Home" Draft Excluder @ £24.95



















  Vintage style 'Home Sweet Home' Sign @ £5.95



















  Wooden Laundry-Drop your pants here @ £7.95



















  Decorative Glass Bottle with Ceramic Lid-Wild Roses @ £4.95




















Metal First Aid Cupboard @ £34.95


















Home Sweet Home Mug @ £3.95




















  Kitchen Roll Holder-Wood/Tin @ £12.95





















Metal Cupcake Plaque @ £6.95
















Welcome to Our Home Door Mat @ £16.95



















  Doorstop-Country Heart -Blue French Stripe @ £12.95



















3 Metre Union Jack Heart Ribbon @ £5.95




















Stitched Sampler-Let Love Grow @ £5.95



















I will add more items and ideas as I find them....








No comments:

Post a Comment